The public is invited to “Collinsville Votes: The 2017 Candidate Forum” sponsored by the Collinsville Chronicle on Tuesday, March 7th at the Gateway Convention Center (Mississippi Room) in Collinsville, Illinois from 5:30 to 8:00 pm.
All local candidates are invited to attend, including Unit 10 School Board, Mississippi Valley Public Library District, Collinsville Area Recreation District, Collinsville Township, and Collinsville City Council candidates.
Because the only contest elections are for Collinsville Township and Collinsville City Council, other candidates will have a meet-and-greet with constituents from 5:30PM to 6:30PM.
Collinsville Township candidates are invited to participate in a 5-minute “Statement of Candidacy” from 6:30 to 7:00. Each Township candidate will be given 5 minutes to address all attendees and discuss why they are seeking election to Collinsville Township.
Collinsville City Council candidates are invited to attend a more formal “debate” moderated by Jed Robbins of the Collinsville Connection from 7:00 to 8:00.
The following candidates have RSVP’d to the forum event:
- Chris Bethel – WILL BE in attendance
- Derrick Keith Cox – WILL BE in attendance
- Michael Foley – WILL BE in attendance
- Dennis Hill – WILL BE in attendance
- Daniel Hopkins – WILL BE in attendance
- Patrick Presson – WILL BE in attendance
- Donna Green – WILL BE in attendance
- David Jerome – WILL BE in attendance
- Nancy Moss – WILL NOT be in attendance.
- Jeff Kypta – WILL NOT be in attendance.
LIBRARY BOARD TRUSTEES:
- Amanda Hausman – WILL BE in attendance
- Marie Johnson – WILL BE in attendance
- Lisa Costello – WILL BE be in attendance.
- Tim Hasamear- WILL BE in attendance
- Gary Kusmierczak – WILL BE in attendance
- Gary Peccola – WILL BE be in attendance.
COLLINSVILLE AREA RECREATION DISTRICT BOARD:
- Aaron Wright- WILL BE in attendance
The forum will be filmed and posted at www.collinsvillechronicle.
Stay tuned to the Collinsville Chronicle for updated information, videos, and content from tonight’s forum and the upcoming election.